Saturday, June 4, 2011

The south of France.....heaven on earth!

We spent one heavenly day on the beach of the French Riviera...need I say more.   Ok, I do have pictures, but you'll have to wait because their Wifi sucks here!

We were a little worried upon our late night arrival when it was pouring rain, but it was just cloudy in the morning and looked like it had a chance to give us some sunshine.  Sure enough, around 11:30 in the morning the clouds started to part and the haze was burning off.  We quickly realized that we'd need to rent some chairs (due to the all rock "beach").  It would not have been comfortable laying on a pile of river rocks.  We found the least expensive option and settled in.

There were not many people at first, due to the clouds, but they soon arrived and did not disappoint (this is the French Riviera, ya know).  The whole rock beach thing was pretty weird and not what I expected, so I was at least hoping we'd get some good sun, beautiful blue water and some lovely sites.

Jared wasn't into laying out, so he had took off roaming the town for a few hours.  When he returned, he got a full flavor when a 20 something decided to stroll out get an "upper body tan"!  I was ok with it myself....

Random thought:

1) Are they running out of sand here?  Is rock cheaper?
2) Can I get more than a thimble of coffee?
3) the water really is blue
4) I didn't mind going topless.
5) The WIFI in Europe is slow and sketchy.
6) French TV is stupid (basically badly dubbed American shows)

You'll have to wait for pics.....

https://picasaweb.google.com/112902688959282032432/Day12Nice?authkey=Gv1sRgCK2k9LzHwsLPOQ&feat=directlink

No comments: