Nancy and I celebrated our 26th anniversary in Belgium today. Nothing real fancy, but I did get her some flowers at the local store. Today was a day of rest and just bumming around the town.
We went to sleep fairly early, after the whirl win trip to Paris. We were up by 7:30am and pretty lazy. Jared and I grabbed some pastries and quiches at the local pastry shop (Pauls). Popeye would be jealous at the amount of spinach they put in the quiches.
The weather was cool and sunny. We set out to do some shopping around the town and just soak in the last full day of Brussels. We've had a great stay here and really enjoyed the entire trip, from hotel to city and convienience (highly recommended).
We walked towards the Mannequin Pis and stumbled upon the ritual dressing and a big crowd. I have an HD video that I will share later (greatest song ever...)
We had a lovely lunch on the patio where the weather was absilutely perfect again! Did I mention the bread here is fantastic? Actually, everything we've had thus far has lived up the hype. The chocolate, the waffles, the pastries...Oh and beer!
Out next destination was the Chocopolis. This was the BEST chocolate we tasted on the entire trip so far, so we had to stock up before we head south. They say they use a higher grade of cocoa then the rest (and we believed it).
Jared needed one more stop at the Dlerium Cafe and the girls needed a little more shopping time, so we split to our respective vises.
Another perfect day (the last full one in Belgium ;--(
Random Thoughts:
1) The chocolate is best right here in Brussels
2) The Delirium Cafe has the most beers in the world (2100+)!
3) Woman over 50 should drink more beer (helps the menopause...)
4) Chocolate (darker the better), is good for your blood pressure, cholestoral, and heart disease...) YAY!
5) The guy at the front desk looks like a young Drew Carey
6) It's REALLY expensive here!
https://picasaweb.google.com/112902688959282032432/Day10BackHomeInBrussels?authkey=Gv1sRgCNrHvo2Sj5yf3gE&feat=directlink
No comments:
Post a Comment